1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.
    Dismiss Notice

[Hero Review] Persona

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Akiya, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Akiya

Akiya Active Member

NOTE : PLEASE DO NOT TAKE THIS REVIEW BLINDLY BECAUSE THIS IS JUST A REVIEW, AN OPINION. AND ALSO, JUST TAP SPOILER BUTTON FOR DETAILS. IT'S NOT A SPOILER AT ALL.

Yo, It's Aki here! Well, some of you may already know that I am a big fan of Persona and have using him like serveral weeks ago. maybe 2 months or more? Idk.

And yea, I decided to share my experience with you, how good he is, pros, cons, and suchs. So here we go~

Who the heck is Persona? Persona in one of three heroes that you can recruit throught honor shop with cost of 1800 honor medals. Has Rock advantage and is a balanced-type character. His advantage and type may be a problem when you're willing to put some good set items, but the restriction dont allow that. He also has his own Set Item (whoo~) called "Persona's Trick" which can't give any effect to himself -_-
    1st Skill : Phantom Thieve's Invitation
    Nothing Special. Just and ordinary 4 cell ranged skill that attack a single target. Deal average damage, and reduce movement by 2 for 2 turns. Well, this is a good control, especially againts enemy with slow movement and short range. Just like Raboff, you can kill him from afar and he wont lay a finger on you :)

2nd Skill : Elusive
    Swap position with an enemy within 2 cells. Increase his dodge by a HUGE amount for 1 turn. Well, its sad that this skill don't have any damage on enemy. A fairy in ToD even can inflict damage and makes the target confused -_- But it's a good utility tho. And that dodge is terrifying too! :D

3rd Skill : Card Scattering
    Nuuuuuuuke!!! Covers a 5x5 cells area and deal a... weak damage? I recall it has 17x% at max level. This skill also reduce Crit Rate and Dodge by a decent amount. Around 2K withouth Soul Gear. Totally a good friends to prevent pesky Crit Beasts and Dodge Pricks. Definitly force enemy to play with low rate and beg to RNG :p

It's not bad at all. Huge area + awesome debuffs.

Passive Skill : Fate
    If you have 2 heroes (including Persona) with water advantage, increase Persona's atk by 1x% (i forgot) and increase movement by 2.

High Atk and good 6 movement and you just need 1 water walker besides Persona. This skill is just cool.
    Weapon : 3rd Skill
    Increase atk damage by 7.5% atk max and increase debuff ridiculously.

Well, another weak damage from persona. But let's see the debuff. Lv. 10 original skill and +10 Soul Gear will gives you about 5K crit reduction. Whoo~~ Who don't want to see an enemy keep failing to land crit attack? More points for Persona. And also, this guy can cover low hit rate heroes by reduce enemy's dodge.

Wings : 2nd Skill
    Reduce damage taken by 50% at max. Yeah, freaking 50%!! This skil will make you survive longer. You will dodge more often, and if you hit, it wont hurt. Persona can survives Guild Raid Well IF there's a healer with good surviving ability.
    Normal Gear : Bow, Armor (def build)/ boots (dodge build), 1 or 2 Necklace and Rings or Brooches.

Set Items
    1S : Knight of Dawn
    2S : Time for Your Shot, Frenzy Token (?)
    3S : Any good stuff will do. Too many good stuff. But atleast, Choco set.
    4S : Ghost Step(?) , Defender of The Earth, Forgotten 4th.
    5S : Angel Knight.

Persona may be a good damage dealer. But for you guys who use him as a tank, you may need more HP and more def.

Conclusion, Persona is a decent hero with a decent base stat. His skill is kinda weak, but his soul gear definitely make a huge difference. Also, he can fit almost any role and take note that he is the only one who can swap position with his enemy.

I think that's all. Hope this can be usefull. Thanks for reading and I will see you later!

Akio H.

P.S. It's kinda neat, but still weird to use spoiler tab to tidy up every thing.

UPDATE :

1. 4S (personally) suggested Set item! BRUSHING WIND.

For def-tank Persona with good wings. His wings gives you 50% damage reduction, and you will active set effect with this skill. And also, Another 10% damage reduction. Lets do some math.

Elusive + Brushing Wind + 10% damage reduction from average gear pot = 80% reduction. Still think that this guy is useless? Dont forget, advantage also reduce 25% damage.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
  2. BPDox

BPDox Active Member

Hey~ I like how clean the whole guide is. :) And since I only got Persona 2 days back, this guide came in at the right time.

Just wanted to point out that if you do not have the SG wings, Persona's playing style will be rather different. He's what we'll call a pseudotank, his durability is based off dodging hits (traditional or true tanks are like Bearman, straight up HP and def). Difference between the 2 kinds of tanks is:
    1. Such a tank will be more RNG-dependent (to avoid hits) and more vulnerable to crits. So they either don't take much damage at all, or get killed in 1 hit.
    2. Much better at fighting enemies with status effects, thanks to dodge.

Due to point 1, item sets that rely on regen (Crusader's Path, Extra Curriculum) or give buffs based on lowering HP (Slime King) will not be as useful. Those sets work better with traditional tanks where the drop in HP is more gradual. It'll be good to take that into account when planning items.

Since his tanking ability relies entirely on swapping, I'm guessing it's not gonna work as well in maps with very little enemies. Anyway, do you experience any issues with his MP use?

3. Akiya

Akiya Active Member

Yeah, Persona without SG is not so suitable for a def-tank. But Once you get soul gear you can increase his survive ability.

1. His wings is totally an extra wall to reduce enemy damage.
    2. His Weapon is used to reduce enemy's crit, which prevent them to do crit atk. I mean, if you makes your enemy weak, they wont deal any significant damage, right? But it is still RNGeous.

For MP problem, Usually I only can Cast his 3rd twice in a row, and regen his mana for 1 or 3 turns (I forgot) before I can cast it again. But I can cast his 2nd skill again and again (out of genes, still at lv 1). I think it's already good in PvP, coz the battle will be short, He run out of mana when the battle is almost over XD

In PvP

If you run out of mana, you can keep shorty (short movement and range) with his 1st skill. OR...

Just run away to replenish (spelling?) your mana. Or maybe you can use his 2nd skill, and force enemy to use their skill (it wont hurt, I have +10 wing and 3rd form raid boss even only deal less than 20K atk). Finally, both of you are out of mana. If you have reinforcement, just use them to attack.

"Why not sacrifice persona? It's easier and also waste enemy's MP"

Well, thats true. But, what if there's still a lot of enemy. Swapping allow you to survives longer and waste more enemies' MP

4. BPDox

BPDox Active Member

You got the spelling of replenish correct. :)

Ah, ok. So keeping 2nd skill at lvl 1 will help with mana issues (less dodge chance but can do it more often), or I guess a couple of MP regen item potentials will help. Got it.

5. Akiya

Akiya Active Member

Actually, I dont say that you have to leave it at lv 1.. Im just out of Genes to lv it up '-'

But yea, If you ONLY need his DAMAGE REDUCTION, why you need to max it? What you need is some SOUL STONE. (I dont know why I type that with CAPS)

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
  6. Blueshin01

Blueshin01 Member

so is it better to get belle or persona?

7. Akiya

Akiya Active Member

I think its better to get Belle First.

She can do well without Soul Gear. Unlike Persona.

I got him first becaue Belle wasn't released yet that time.

But it depends on what you need tho.

8. Blueshin01

Blueshin01 Member

.oh ok thx bro, guess ill get belle then