1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.
    Dismiss Notice

Poll: Will you Buy Seira?

Discussion in 'General' started by RobbyC, Mar 14, 2016.

Poll: Will you Buy Seira?

Poll closed Apr 3, 2016.
  1. Yes, I already have her

23 vote(s)
    23.0%
  2. Undecided, leaning towards yes

5 vote(s)
    5.0%
  3. Undecided, leaning towards no

8 vote(s)
    8.0%
  4. No, she's not worth it

30 vote(s)
    30.0%
  5. No, I would never spend real money for a hero

34 vote(s)
    34.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobbyC

RobbyC Member

Hey guys just little over 2 weeks to go until the promo ends and I was just wondering who bought Seira already. I'm holding out until the last week to purchase her and I'm just wondering who's still on the fence about it. Seeing as this may be our only chance to get this hero, I'm sure many of you are at least thinking about waving the white flag and buy her.

2. Tenshisjv

Tenshisjv Member

I like Seira, but i never use real money for games. So too bad. I'll pass this chance.

3. Mono1234

Mono1234 New Member

If Seira is around $30USD but weak, i probably would have buy it in a heartbeat. $100USD is too much for a hero in a mobile game..

Gothmaster likes this.
  4. CreakySiren

CreakySiren Active Member

I don't have 100 dollars. Simple as that T.T

5. Zellua

Zellua Active Member

She's already expensive in USD, after currency conversion she's almost 400 bucks for me ^^;;;

6. DarkSoul

DarkSoul Active Member

Seems you thought wrong so far, LOL. Poll's votes are overwhelmingly negative atm.

On topic, I'd say "nay". 100USD for a mobile game? Complete waste of money. I really like this game, so if Seira was like 10usd or less I might have considered it. Even without extra genes for her skills. However, 100 is absurd. No. Just no.

Gothmaster likes this.
  7. xxxMilkTeaxxx

xxxMilkTeaxxx Member

Same as @Zellua, CAD conversions are really sucking right now too. I'm fine with spending money on a mobile game (as in monthly coocoos) but I won't buy Seira for the same reasons I won't buy the packages; they're too expensive for something I can't even physically hold.

8. iPulzzz

iPulzzz Member

I bought seira. I want her. She and rask are the only two I actually wanted when the first announced this collab.. Good thing I got enough "disposable" money for this..

Thing is, my seira is not max skilled.. I think this is just wrong, I should not be getting an incomplete version of a hero for my purchase and have to use perfect genes..

Still, she's awesome. I don't really care what or how she does things, I just want her in my team lel

9. DarkSoul

DarkSoul Active Member

LOL, fair enough. But you brought up an important point, the skills, they never give you enough genes to have all her skills at max. Thats really terrible of them. They're charging 100usd for it. The least they could do is throw in enough genes to max all skills...It seems that a lot more is needed though, which sucks.

10. iPulzzz

iPulzzz Member

Indeed. I heard I need 1200 more genes to max her.. ouch.. not even half of what needed is given in the package.. I wrote a complaint in the in-game help section, but I guess there's little chance they'd do anything about it..

11. RobbyC

RobbyC Member

Polls as of this date 3/16/16:
    1. Yes, I already have her: 10 vote (s)
    2. Undecided, leaning towards yes: 1 vote(s)
    3. Undecided, leaning towards no: 1 vote(s)
    4. No, she's not worth it: 12 vote(s)
    5. No, I would never spend real money for a hero: 13 vote(s)

Actually the polls are showing that around 3 out of 10 people (11/37) in this forum have bought Seira or at least have been thinking about it vs the one's who will not. Granted this is a small sample size but I still think it's relevant.

That's actually not a bad rate for Nexon as this may set a precedent for their money grab since 100 USD seems to not be as "ridiculous price for a mobile game" as I initially thought. Bad news for F2P players for sure.

12. DarkSoul

DarkSoul Active Member

At the time I made that post, it was HIGHLY skewed towards a negative opinion. I think it was something like, 1 vote for "already have her", none for undecided (both) and like 12 spread across "not worth it" and "never spend real money".

Now, this may also be a small sample size, but ingame in chat, whenever this topic comes up (and yes it does still keep coming up), it always seems that the vast majority are negative towards Seira, saying its either not an amazing hero to begin with or that its not worth it, etc. Even some people that are using Seira as a merc have claimed its not living up to their expectations to me in world chat. While a good amount of people may have put in the money towards it, I think the overall dissatisfaction even from those that bought her will lead to Nexon to either not make similar paywalled heroes. If they do, however, they'll probably make something seriously OP...Afterall, Seira sounded good on paper (pun intended) but 100usd...too much. If they want another paywall hero, they'll have to make it blatantly obvious that its OP if they want people to fork over the cash.

13. Tampon

Tampon New Member

Same here

14. Skyris

Skyris Active Member

She's fun to use (I got to try her from a friend with seira merc) but looking at the price, I think its way too overpriced. Esepcially when you still need a lot of pgenes to max her.

So its really not worth it imo... If she was $50 maybe.

15. DarkSoul

DarkSoul Active Member

Nah, even 50usd is too much. I've only just been made aware that the number of PERFECT genes needed to max her skills, aside from the 800 from package, is 1200...(look at iPulzzz's post on this thread). Thats far too much. Nowhere near worth the 100usd. I've gotten a few people that are using seira as merc and tried it out myself. Its cool, sure, but its not god-level OP that would justify 100usd and then 1.2k perfect genes. They'd have to release a hero that fodderizes Klein for me to consider 100usd + 1.2k genes to be worth it.

All things considered for Seira though, I think they really messed up big time. They should have made her a free gift or something, for logging in during the event maybe, and sold extra genes for cash. It would still be 2k genes to max all of her skills, so most people that spent money for seira would have done it anyway in that case, but everyone would have gotten her at least, while F2P also have the option to use perfect genes slowly but surely. Its still somewhat paywalled, but it'd be better than what we ended up with.

16. Skyris

Skyris Active Member

Ah I meant $50 USD for the entire package - Comes with that free set (meh) and 1k gems…
    But yes, the fact that Seira needs so much perfect genes to max along with her $100 USD package is really greedy.

Maybe Nexon tried to push it as much as they thought the players could handle, and see what happened so they could set a base point for future similar events?

17. DarkSoul

DarkSoul Active Member

I know you meant 50 for the package. Its still far too much money. No one that is buying that package is buying it for the crystals. They're buying it for Seira. That 1k crystals is in the package more for justifying a higher spending required to get seira than anything else. The 1k crystals by themselves is worth about 30usd in any case, so even when reducing it to 50usd, thats 20usd for seira + a set thats not spectacular, + 800/2000 genes needed to max her skills. Not too amazing TBH.

18. RobbyC

RobbyC Member

Winning. lol.

I agree with your whole post but I'm a stubborn guy and may still buy her. The main reason most people buy Seira is not really to dominate the game, but to complete their hero archives. The other factor is time pressure, buy her now or lose the chance forever. You can always make another 100 USD.

The factors I cited above are what motivate me to buy her and it has nothing to do with her skills or power. Even if she was a crappy hero it wouldn't change much for a lot of players who think this way.

19. ChipH1970

ChipH1970 Member

Over time, $100 for a mobile (or any) game is nothing. I'll spend $10-$15/month for a game I'm enjoying and playing heavily. My philosophy is to spend for the fun you've already had, that way you aren't feeling ripped off if the game goes under or changes radically out of the blue like NetMarble just pulled with Future Fight (causing me to quit a game I'd played daily for over 10 months and spent $135 on).

Although I'm leaning (strongly :D) toward no, I have considered it because their pricing is odd in this game. I grab the $5 Coocoo's Gift every month but, otherwise, there is absolutely nothing else they sell that is remotely tempting. The price to value on their packages is plain silly. Heck, since I can't bring myself to gamble, my gems continually creep upward even though I spend them when I need or want to (have over 5K at the moment). So, although pragmatism will likely win out, I do keep looking at the package as a way to make up for my spending "deficit" on the game ;)

I'd be more tempted if I knew the proceeds were actually going to FWT, but my theory on the Seira package is that most or all of it is going to the Noblesse IP owners.

iPulzzz likes this.
  20. DarkSoul

DarkSoul Active Member

I understand what you're saying, but thats exactly what the problem is. Nexon got a LOT of backlash for the seira paywall and they did "say" that they wouldn't let it happen again, but this is Nexon we're talking about. Even if there is dissatisfaction, if the sales for seira weren't too bad, you can be sure that they'll throw out another paywall hero. If people keep going for the paywall heroes, then they'll just stop caring about the naysayers. They're makin money, they'll milk it for all its worth. At that point, its not even a Nexon thing. Any business would want the most profits they could make from a game. The more people that give in to the offer, the more incentive there is for them to throw out more similar offers.
    Over time is the key here, as you yourself acknowledged. I intended to be a free player throughout, but I'm now buying the $5 monthly as well. I probably will continue to do so till I quit. Its good value and its at a fair price. I don't mind paying $100 that way if I end up playing for the 20 months that'd take to build up. However, all of their other offers are garbage.
    Even the Seira package is horrible value. If the sales of the packages were poor, they'd probably have made her available for free from Lost Island or something later as a "sorry". With the many seiras I'm seeing now though, I guess thats a moot point.

And yea, I'm sure that most if not all the profits from the seira package will go to the Noblesse owners. I don't mind that, its understandable that there be something in it for them other than just promoting their series. However, they could have made that profit in some other form. Like, if everyone got a free seira for logging in during this event, but they made everyone unable to use perfect genes to level her skills. Only way to buy her genes to level the skills would be through cash payments. Now....if everyone has this hero that they can't level skills on, I feel they'd be more inclined to shell money for the genes. The way it is now...you have to pay 100usd for the hero, and then get 1.2k perfect genes aside from that to actually max her skills...a lot of hassle for a mediocre hero. Yes, I am salty and yes I am triggered...more because they could have done this in a much better way than what they settled on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.