1. We're looking for moderators!

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.
    Dismiss Notice

Regained Opportunity

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Feya, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Feya

Feya New Member

(Q-Q I need to split this up into two posts.)

Chapter One: Moonlight’s Sorrowful Embrace

The moon was shining bright in the sky that faithful night. Stars twinkled brightly, dancing like a thousand diamonds on that blanket of navy that cascaded across the nighttime sky. Those across the land were sleeping peacefully, for war and danger weren’t as common these days, which was a welcome because having to fight all the time was not how one should live out one’s life. It was a perfect time to be alive, the post-war feeling, lives were beginning too flourish and pick up again, it was happy times for most, but for some, recent events couldn’t help but bring up some tearful emotions.

Walking swiftly and quietly through Lord’s castle that night was a young women whose hair was as golden as the title she held proudly. Her gorgeous blue, radiant, sharp-like eyes scanned the candle lit corridor that she was walking down. Folded across her back were the wings of a dragon. The castle was quiet beautiful at night. The silence brought out the gentle flicker and crackling sound of the fire that lit the castle up. It really was a calming feeling that one could experience. Stopping a few doors down, the women turned to face a large door. She reached her hand forward and placed it down on the handle and opened the door, peeping her head inside, she couldn’t help but wonder if the one who stayed here was asleep or awake.

“Celestial, is everything alright?” spoke a soft voice from inside the room.

“Hmm? Oh, yes, everything is fine, Yekaterina” Replied the women as she stepped into the room.

Celestial walked forward until she spotted Yekaterina, who was sitting at a dresser, combing her long, light blonde hair. She looked up at Celestial and smiled. She sat the comb down and stood up.

“Tell me, what’s on your mind,” Yeka said, “I know when something is bothering you,” She said, a soft chuckle in her voice as her blue, doll-like eyes laid upon the golden dragon.

Yekaterina couldn’t help but notice there was a sadness looming in the golden dragon’s eyes. She understood and knew what was going in her mind. Many years had passed since the two had been able to spend a great deal of time together. It has been soon long since Yeka could spend time with the one who, at one point, looked too as her own mother.

Celestial took one look at her and smiled, trying to fight back tears, she carefully stroked the side of Yeka’s hair.

“It’s just, you’ve grown up so much. Once you were this tiny little girl that I loved and cared for as my own daughter, Now look at you, I’v heard just about the powerful mage you have become. How I remember when you were small, you practiced every day to learn all you could.” Celestial blinked once, a few grey tears fell from her eyes. “And at night, I would brush your long hair and watch as your tired eyes carried you softly to sleep..”

She had to stop there. Anymore and she would end up crying. Yes, she was the powerful golden dragon that was renounced as mighty, powerful and fierce. However behind all that was a mother, longing for her child once more. Of course she still loved Yekaterina, like the daughter she saw her as, but the mage was no longer a small child who needed her mother so often. She had grown and was now able to take care of herself, something the golden dragon wished that she could have back.

“You should get some sleep,” Celestial said, standing up slowly, sniffling abit.

“Are you okay?” Asked Yekaterina, worried for her.

“Oh yes, I am fine, I just think it’s best to get some sleep, it may be peaceful now but you never know when Lord might need us” She said, a fake chuckle in her laugh.

“You are correct” Replied Yeka, a sigh in her voice.

“Well, goodnight” Celestial said, standing up and giving Yekaterina a hug. Once the hug was returned

She left the room.

“Goodnight…” Whispered Yekaterina back.

The golden hair women hurried abit down the hall, being not as quiet on her feet as she normally was. She hurried until she stopped at her bedroom door and quickly opened it as she walked into the room, her breathing abit heavy from emotion as she panted abit. She took a few steps into the room and stood in the middle, her head slowly looked down, as her golden bangs covered her eyes, and as tears dripped down her cheeks.

“Celestial…” Said a voice from behind her.

Topaz12 likes this.
  2. Feya

Feya New Member

She quickly looked up and turned around, her eyes narrowing once they met the red eyes of a spiky red haired male, who stood now in her doorway.

“What do you want, Rage?” She spoke, her voice was now anything but kind.

“I heard a noise outside my room and when I opened my door, I noticed you were hurrying more quickly than normal, I wanted to see if you were alright…” Replied Rage.

“I’m perfectly fine,” she said, a growl in her voice as she walked over to her bed and sat down on it, looking away from him.

“Are you sure…?” Rage questioned, stepping more into the her room. “It’s just as of late I have noticed that you seem to be abit more sadder than normal.” He approached her more.

“I wouldn’t expect you of all people to understand anything, As if YOU could ever truly understand HOW I feel!” Snapped Celestial, her fangs somewhat bare. It was easy to tell she was struggling between wanting to snap his head off, and wanting to let her emotions out.

Rage took a step back and then he sighed as he ran a hand though his spiked red hair. He looked back up at her and then walked close to her. “You’re right, I can’t and will never understand how you feel” He began as he stepped up beside her bed. “Now could I ever possibly ask you for forgiveness, no, it would never be my place” He sat down beside her. “But you see..”

“YOU KILLED HER!” He was cut off.

This caused another sigh from Rage. “I know, I know I did, war is…”

“You took my baby away from me! She was the only child I had, and you killed you. YOU shot her” Celestial snapped at him, he could see the tears in her eyes. He looked down, his composer trying to remain calm. He reached his hand forward and placed it on her shoulder in a comforting manner.

“War is a horrible thing that no one should ever have to experience. When you are on a battlefield, it’s do or die and if you don’t follow orders it can cause issues for not just you, but those you fight along side with and can give the enemy and clear advantage. When fighting a war, you can never let your emotions get the best of you. You can’t just stop for a split second, and second guess whether or not you should kill or not. Sadly it’s kill or be killed.” He looked down, his bangs covering his eyes. “Being in a war, fighting in one, does things to ones soul that can never be fixed. I can’t ask for forgiveness, but I can atleast say, I am sorry, it will never replace, nor will it heal what I did, however, it shows I now, years later, now that I know who she was to you, I am sorry.”

His voice was quiet, soft and sincere. He stayed silent now, just keeping his hand on her shoulder. He figured it was no place to speak on such things from the past but he did want to comfort her. Celestial stayed silent as well, the words of truth he spoke, had echoed in her mind. She looked up at him, her eyes met his, as a few tears fell from them.

“She was..I always looked to her as my own. She was my daughter and nothing could have ever change that. I remember when she was little. How hard she would practice magic, and then at night, before bed I would comb her long beautiful, light blond hair. She would look up at me with those bright blue eyes. Eyes filled with wander and and wide eyed. And with everything that happened. She is now grown and I will never get to experience that again. She’s all grown up. I missed so much. It’s been so long” She sniffled abit, another tear falling from her eyes, however to her surprise, Rage had reached up and wiped it away.

“Those memories will remain. The passage of time may have changed how things were in the past but you will always have those memories and she is here now. You can make more memories, you both exist to continue to live on.” He kept his eyes on her and ran his hand through her long golden blond hair. Tears weld up in her eyes and she lean in and cried against him, finally letting the sadness out. Rage stayed were he was, allowing her to cry as he brought his arm down, and his other one up to embrace her, hugging her tightly.

She cried still, for a good few minutes, he embraced her, not moving from her. After for what seemed like forever, she stopped crying. She looked up at him, still in his embrace. The two’s eyes met as they stayed like this. Silence filled the room for a while, nothing was said between the two, then suddenly, Celestial seemed to have calmed down, her composer was more relaxed now and there seemed to not an inch of hostility.

What happened next could never be explained. As the two kept their gaze upon eachother, their faces inched closer and their lips soon met in a soft kiss. Slowly, as seconds passed, the kiss grew more intensely, more powerful as Celestial brought her arms up and wrapped them around Rage’s neck, and as Rage wrapped his arms around her waist.

The two continue to intensely kiss for a while longer, before they pulled away. Once again, nothing was said as the two just stared at eachother. For some reason, their wasn’t any sense of question or confusion as to were the kiss came from. Celestial’s eyes met Rage’s for a moment, as the two leaned into another kiss.

No question on the actions, no hesitation, and no doubt.

As soon as the night had taken a turn, the morning sun had now begin to rise. It shone though the windows of Celestial’s bedroom, which caused Rage to stir in his sleep. He groggily opened one eye. He looked down and saw the golden dragon fast asleep on his chest. I light smile appeared upon his face as he embraced her more tightly. He leaned down and kissed the top of her head, and then placed his head against hers as he fell back to sleep.

Topaz12 and Zellua like this.
  3. Feya

Feya New Member

Chapter Two: I’m What?!

( Once again, I had to spit this up into two posts I wanted to make note that I mention in this story a few times that Lord has a wife. I have heard stories and theories that Lord ends up Marrying Dominique, I don't know if that is true or not, but I don't support that pairing at all, so I made up a wife for Lord)

It had been a few weeks since that night. The two had decided it would be best to keep what happened that night, to themselves. Mostly because they could end up being the center of jokes and alot of questions and that was something they BOTH didn’t want.

Rain was pouring down hard lately, the rainy season was on the verge of ending, but still, no one liked it when it was raining. Celestial opened the door to the castle and closed it tightly behind her. Giving off one good shake, her wings folded abit downwards. She hated the rain, but I guess it was only natural to do so, she wasn’t a water dragon after all. She did however feel particularly tired and she wanted to go lie down.

“Better go report to Lord first” she thought to herself as she made her way up the large staircase.

The walk to the Lord’s office seemed to be longer than she remembered. Maybe it was just her being tired or maybe she was coming down with something. The past few weeks she had been feeling abit under the weather, and had been sick in the morning as of late. She paid no attention to it, figuring it was just a simple illness. Being a dragon, her immune system was much larger than that of a regular human, and though she wasn’t in her dragon form anymore, she still retained her dragon health.

The normal five minute walk,seemed to feel like forever but finally she reached the large brown double doors that lead to the office. This room was were Lord spend most of his days, over seeing plans to improve the kingdom, keep military plans in check and hosted meetings when there was danger. She knocked on the door, and waited for a response.

“Come in.” Spoke a man’s voice a few moments later.

Celestial opened one of the doors and stepped inside the office. It was covered with large maps, compasses and a large portrait of the Lord and his Wife. Stepping forward abit she stopped once she got towards the large desk. A man with shoulder length blond hair and blue green eyes looked up.

“Celestial, welcome back, I assume your mission was successful?” spoke the man as he watched her.

“Yes Lord, the mission went well. The towns folk are alright. The reports of something killing life stock were nothing more than a mountain lion looking to provide food for her cubs. I was able to capture the creature and the cubs and relocated them farther into the woods. They shouldn’t be bothering anyone anymore” Celestial responded, her voice, confidant and proud.

“That’s good to hear” he responded, giving a nod.

He watched as she turned away. “Have you been feeling alright lately?” He asked, before she could leave.

“Hmm?” She said turning back to him. “Yes, I have been feeling well, why do you ask?” She asked, looking back at him with a questioned look on her face.

“Just lately I have noticed that something seems off about you. I saw you watching over Chenny the other day and you seemed more tired. And My wife told me that when you, Yekaterina and herself were out enjoying lunch in the garden the other day, you seemed to not want to really eat.” Lord leaned up in his chair more watching the golden dragon.

“I am perfectly fine, really, I was just feeling abit under the weather and but nothing to worry about. Measly human illnesses are nothing for dragons” She reassured him.

“That doesn’t matter, I think it would be best of you were to go to the hospital wing and get checked out atleast.”

“No, I am perfectly fine, I don’t need too”

“I think you should, what kind of Lord would I looked like if I suddenly needed to send you off on a mission and you were not at your best and risked you health, not a very good one!”

“I am fine! I don’t need it!”

“Celestial, this is not me asking now, this is an order.” Lord said, narrowing his eyes at her, his voice more strict.

“Fine. If it will get you to shut it, I will” She said with a growl and turned around quickly to exit the room before she lost her temper with him.

Topaz12 likes this.
  4. Feya

Feya New Member

She stormed down the hall at how he had talked to her. Who did he think he was? Talking to her like that. She was the great golden dragon, she shouldn’t have to take such talk from a human none the less. She then sighed, trying to calm herself down. She hated to admit but he was right. What would have happened if he sent her out and she suddenly for some reason got injured or sick, the kingdom would be in an uproar. If something happened to her, Lord would be viewed as an unruly leader and his people would start to distrust him. He still had that pretentious and arrogant attitude, but she had to admit, he was pretty nice at times. He even allowed her and the others who had no place to go, stay in the castle and in the past year he had gotten abit more caring since he had gotten married to someone he loved dearly.

Once she got to the hospital wing, she walked over to an empty bed. After explaining her symptom to the nurse, she noticed the nurse smiling, as if she already knew the cause for Celestia’s strange illnesses. After the nurse gave her a basic exam, she scribbled something down on some paper and passed it off to a doctor, who nodded. He took a large curtain to wrap around the sitting area so the doctor could give her some privacy as he did a more in dept examination and ran some more tests. After the tests were done, the doctor and the nurse looked at Celestial with a smile.

“I’m okay right? What are you smiling about? Tell me” She was about snappy, but she didn’t like hospitals nor did she like not knowing why they were smiling.

“You are perfectly healthy, Miss Celestial” The nurse said with a big smile.

“Yes, and congratulations” Said the doctor.

“Congratulations? What for? That’s a strange thing to say to someone who is healthy because of a simple check up” Celestial snorted.

“No no, congratulations on the baby” Said the nurse, her voice cheerful.

“Ba..by..? What baby?” questioned a confused Celestial.

“Your baby, you’re pregnant Miss Celestial” assured the doctor.

“I’m…what?”

Celestial gulped hard, her jaw dropped and her eyes widened. Did he just say she was pregnant? She was carrying a child? And then it hit her, if she was carrying a child then it must be Rage’s child…Her face was white as a ghost with shock and then it hit her and then she snapped. She growled loudly and her wings extended.

“WHERE IS HE?! I’M GOING TO KILL HIM!” She snarled as she took flight, flying out of the hospital wing in search of Rage.

Rage happened to have been upstairs, walking down a large corridor when he heard his name being yelled in a very angry and vehemently tone. He gulped scared as he turned around only to be greeted with Celestial flying down the hall and pinning him against the wall. He suddenly feared for his life.

“Umm Hi Celestial!…something wrong?” He said nervously, she literally looked like she was going to kill him.

“Yes something is wrong you idiot!” She snapped at him, her fangs bared.

“What…s”

“You got me pregnant you idiot that’s whats wrong!!” She glared at him, cutting him off before he could speak.

“I…what…Oh..oh god what?”

Rage didn’t know what to think. There was a range of emotions now rushing though his mind. He didn’t know what to think or what to make of this. The two had only shared the one night together and it resulted in them conceiving a child together?! This wasn’t good at all. He gulped and looked at her nervously again.

“Well…” He went to speak only to have Celestial grab him by the collar of his shirt.

“You got me pregnant and don’t you even think of running out on me,” She growled, a smirk on her face now.

“I…no I won’t!” He responded.

“Good because if you do…” Celestial flexed her claws with her free hand and pointed them downwards to Rage’s crotch. “I will personally castrate you” She grinned, before releasing him.

Before Rage could fully make sense of all this or had time to ask questions, Celestial had ran off. He really didn’t know what to think. One thing for sure, he wasn’t going to run out on her, or his child. His life and his manhood depended on it.

Topaz12 likes this.
  5. Topaz12

Topaz12 Active Member

Not even a dragon can resist the charms of Rage it seems lol.

And also I never understand the reason why people think Lord married Dominique, judging from the end he just uses her to get the people on his side

6. Feya

Feya New Member

Yeah lol I have no idea where I got the idea for the pairing from but It just got stuck in my head and now I am bit obbsessed with the idea of them toegther. I am really happy with how the story is turning out so far. Rage also has been on my team since I recruited him back in May.

And yeah I dont understand why people think Lord married her but I REALLY dislike the idea of it so I made up an OC to marry lord.

7. Feya

Feya New Member

Hey! I am still working on the story. Chapter 3 should be up soon. I have had some things come up lately and it's prevented me from writing as fast as I would like. I am really enjoying this story and chapter 3. Look forward to an exciting chapter, with juuuust the right amount of cutesyness. <3