1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.
    Dismiss Notice

[SPOILER ALERT] Moon Island and Ending Discussion

Discussion in 'General' started by Grimnoir, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Grimnoir

Grimnoir Active Member

Super huge spoilers as I am about to reveal huge plot points to the ending. Leave now if you do not want anything spoiled!

Ok so Moon Island was a bit disappointing as far as difficulty goes... I haven't done Hard through Chaos but I beat the stages during breakfast. Serendi got surprisingly one shot by a mini-boss on Klein's stage but other than that it was anticlimactic.

I was pretty shocked we killed Klein. I was expecting like... a tearful story, or some sort of dialogue. But nope, he's dead now.

Lord is King now, that was awesome. And did anyone else take away from that that Lord made Dominique his queen? Her face in the story was priceless.

Aucros looks really badass. Can't wait for the return of the High Humans!

What did everyone else think?

2. KeVoltage

KeVoltage Member

I agree that Moon island was sorta easier to clear than Ashan (I'll check this out after beating ToD hard).
    Seeing Hella's ghost made me remember of Yeka's ghost which was kinda weird.
    Klein's defeat was a bit of dissapointing (I expexted Lord to lift the mind control or something like that), but still interesting.
    At last, the presentation of the high humans were a bit low (I expected the name "High humans" as a "Title" and not a reference to their heigh).

Now the real climax could be: how would Dominique react by seeing her clone? :D

Bunny153539 likes this.
  3. DeZaruu

DeZaruu Active Member

Glad they officially call it Season 2.

Also, sounds like we'll get Hella sooner than I thought (gotta pay attention in the Nereid pre-S02 story bit).

4. SilkHawk

SilkHawk Member

Very much looking forward to getting Hella... skills look useful:).

5. Grimnoir

Grimnoir Active Member

Two things:
    1. I didn't notice the pre-S02 plot at first and was like why the hell can't I enter Neph? It was funny.

2. I am so hyped about season 2. Really hope it won't be an eternity from now.

6. Aliete

Aliete Member

I don't think so. Moon Island wasn't a lot of work I assume to prepare. If it does take a while, it will probably because season 2 will bring about a new roster of characters possibly?

7. DarkSoul

DarkSoul Active Member

Not sure who, but IIRC someone on forum mentioned recalling a dev statement that they wanted to flesh out more of the story of the many heroes that weren't "involved" in the story mode thus far. That means guys like Rage, Unknown, Belle and Nirvana, Mu and Tao, etc.

8. Aliete

Aliete Member

Your talking about the genes that Lord gathered from the egg arent you?
    My guess is we get Hella early and she will be our guide to fighting/defending from the high humans...

9. fenny

fenny Active Member

that's a good guess. I really just want that princess dominique costume now. Dominique continues to be the most interesting character for me. Her clone breaks the fourth wall and seems to be the only one who questions why the clones must fight for lord. I was pretty happy with the conclusion of the first part of the story. Klein wasn't a great villain/tragic hero because we never really saw him until the end. It's not too upsetting to see him die in one fight.

Hype for season two. Until then, it's Klein farming time. He's really time consuming but quite easy.

10. DarkSoul

DarkSoul Active Member

Really? No sadness for Klein? Yes, we barely saw him but his influence was everywhere. Lee also made it clear that Klein was closer to a victim than a mastermind too. At the end of Ashan, Sione also stated that Klein was the one who put a stop to the beast rain project when he found out about the sacrifices (and we're obviously assuming that Ian, Jack and Bearman were the lucky ones that actually survived at all). I was hoping that they let Klein be an auto recruit like the other "main story" members like Mas, Serendi, etc. after you save him from the brainwashing or whatever and he joins with you to stop the high humans. *Sigh*

11. iPulzzz

iPulzzz Member

Well wouldn't there be additional story after we recruit Klein?..this makes me want to recruit him first instead of anyone from Ashan..

12. Aliete

Aliete Member

SPOILERS****
    During the cutscene where you recruit Klein Chris tells the companions that Lord thinks that Klein was actually dead before they got there and the Klein they fought was a clone which is why he wasnt able to resist following Hella and helping her open the portal. You also learn that the rivalry between Lord Klein was more fabricated from Lord then Klein because Klein apparently has great respect for Lord and is actually a gentleman (To the companions surprise). In the end his memory is hazy but we know that he died on Moon Island cuz he refused to help Hella and then after that Hella cloned him to help.

13. DarkSoul

DarkSoul Active Member

So, I finally managed to clear Moon Island, and whew thats a lot of plot.
    First off...Klein died so unceremoniously that it was rather disappointing. Its just, after beating him, there isnt even a cutscene of him being there. He has just died during the fight and there doesnt even seem to be a body left. No sad last words or anything. Just...gone. Dead. You just kind of move on like "yea, ok, he is done. Now whats this portal thingy going on over here?"

That afterstory though...did Lord just get married to Dominique? LEL. Thats what it looked like, anyway. Does anyone know if we can rewatch that credits scene of sorts? neither the scenario on moon island nor the scenario on nereid show that cutscene where Ian is writing a letter to Serendi about all this.

Looking forward to S2. I would hope that there is a bit of time before they start releasing S2 content, but it shouldnt be too long from now since Moon Island must have been very little work to actually make.

14. fenny

fenny Active Member

recruited Klein too. Explains a lot more. Again, wasn't really big on the Klein story because he was so uninvolved, but the recruitment scene was a nice wrap up with a few twists. A few extra story scenes are also unlocked with him as well. But, Klein as a character is pretty beastly. Rushing to 5 stars as we speak. =)

15. Amanuensis

Amanuensis New Member

I thought the unceremonious nature of his death was kind of the point. I mean, it's not as clear until you recruit him yeah, but once you know what happened it only makes sense - the person you were chasing after wasn't really ever there. You're more or less just chasing a name, and in that sense the climax is discovering the man behind the curtain.

16. Joshifan

Joshifan New Member

So will season 2 be a continuation of the existing storyline or will it replacing it with an all new cast of characters & storyline?

I personally would prefer to see a continuation of story with additional characters added to existing characters.

Last edited: May 29, 2016
  17. DarkSoul

DarkSoul Active Member

It'll be the existing characters, and likely with additional characters as well, yes. I'd assume that if we end up with another 11 stage maps for the entirety of S02, then we'll have at least 4 more auto recruits (1 of them likely being Hella) that will be part of Lord's "cannon" party (like chris, ian, alfred etc.) I'm not sure if you've actually cleared moon island yourself or not, but its made apparent that the current storyline will continue in S02. S01 ends with Lord conquering the world, thus fulfilling his ambition. The next step though is to actually keep the world, by protecting it from the High Humans that once abandoned the world and now want to return.

18. Joshifan

Joshifan New Member

No I haven't actually cleared that final stage yet...I'm still focusing on making my party stronger before taking on moon island.

HardDay likes this.