1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested, PM NeoCHI.
    Dismiss Notice

When you mess up but didn't notice

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Zellua, May 6, 2016.

1. Zellua

Zellua Active Member

In my case, it's having someone point out I've been holding my chopsticks the wrong way. It only took nearly 20 years... Any personal experiences like this?

(I still grip my chopsticks the wrong way because I can't figure out how to use them "correctly")

2. DarkSoul

DarkSoul Active Member

Something very similar. No one really bothered to point out to me that apparently its proper etiquette to keep the fork in my left hand and knife on my right hand until like, 2 months ago or so. Well, unlike your situation, rather than not being able to figure it out, I'm still keeping my fork in my right and knife on my left because I'm used to it. Can't be bothered to change at this point...I'm used to this now.

3. Topaz12

Topaz12 Active Member

I use a pen and pencil different than most people, but it's kinda stuck that way. I'm the person who thinks that if it works for you, then stick with it.

4. Zellua

Zellua Active Member

Point, but if another task has instructions that basically boiled down to "hold tool the same way as holding chopsticks", like calligraphy, I'm probably not going to be able to do it well.

5. Akiya

Akiya Active Member

Saaame! I cant change my way to use pencil.

And also my walk style. My whole family said its really weird. But its hard to changes. I was that way since i was a lil boy. Its like a habit to me.